Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sharks in the Water

If anybody has driven by Mojave you know about the planes out in the desert. There are lots and lots of giant planes. Before changes were made to I-15 you used to drive right by these planes. Now you are a good 6-10 miles away but the tails of the planes can still be seen on the horizon.

This past trip to Utah we were driving by that area and Steve and I heard Jonathan say something in the back of the car. I asked him to say it again. "Sharks in the water. There are sharks in the water mommy." I looked at Steve and repeated the phrase not sure what would prompt Jonathan to talk about sharks, especially in the desert. Then Steve pointed out my window and said "Sharks in the water." I turned to look and sure enough there were those big planes out on the desert horizon looking like sharks in the water.


I guess I don't have that childhood imagination anymore...I need my 3 year old to show me from his eyes.

2 comments:

The Reno Family said...

Very creative Jon Jon! Sounds like something Uncle Rick would have said when he was little.

Anonymous said...

Awww, he is so cute! Oh and I also wanted to know who left the comment on my blog, that was hilarious!:)