Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pain & Suffering in Painting Blues

This past July I had this brilliant idea that I would paint our living room blue. Yes, blue. I recruited a couple of friends (thanks Wendy and Marlana) and painted all day. All this without consulting my husband.

After the room was done and things were put away I looked about me and realized what I had done. I hate blue.

I am not a blue person. I generally gravitate to earth tones: browns, reds, yellows. Not blue.
Anyway, my husband pretty much told me that I had to live with it for awhile and I agreed.

Finally, this past month Steve agreed to let me paint again. This time I went a little more neutral.

16 hours later this is the result and I couldn't be happier. I like the extra interest the stripes add and totally love the colors we chose.







We will not paint for quite some time (hopefully).

1 comment:

Wendy said...

The paint looks AWESOME! As a fellow painter of stripes, I know how much work they are (especially when you don't do them right the first 2 times around, like I did!). You guys did a great job and your house looks beautiful! What's your next project? :)