Monday, July 26, 2010

Marathon Dreams

Oh My! I have committed myself to a MARATHON!

I started running about 4 weeks after Sophie was born to help with the excess baby weight that I had gained and retained.

About 12 weeks into running I was able to complete about 4 miles without dying.
Then, a girlfriend from church told me that she wanted to train for a marathon in October and asked if I would like to train with her. I hestitantly agreed.

We started training about 3 weeks ago. We run three days a week with our long runs on Saturdays. This past Saturday we ran 12 miles.

With all of this I am learning so much about the sport and about myself. I have learned about: shoes, clothes, fuel, injuries, icing, pain, exhaustion, joy, and utter triumph.

I am feeling great and am very excited as to what I am able to accomplish.
I never, ever thought that I would be running like this.
I never, ever thought that I would enjoy running like this.
But I am.

I am 33 years old and am not a runner.
I will complete my first marathon on October 9, 2010 in Layton, Ut.

More to come...

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

NEWSFLASH!!! You ARE TOTALLY a runner! You are awesome! You inspire me.